Position: Volunteer and Special Activities Coordinator
Job Description :
West End Residences, a developer and provider of housing and services for homeless families and formerly homeless youth and older adults, seeks an experienced full time Volunteer and Special Activities Coordinator for our Intergenerational Residence on the upper west side of Manhattan.
- The Coordinator is responsible for interviewing, training and supervising all volunteers.
- Maintaining all records pertaining to volunteers.
- Determining needs for all volunteer services though interaction with the Social Service Staff.
- Organizing all special intergenerational events for residents such as Holiday parties and trips. Maintaining all statistical information for all special events or recreational activities.
- Shopping for necessary materials and food for special events or recreational activities.
- Secure transportation and permits for trips when required.
- Keep records of consent forms for events as well as photos for any publication.
- Act as chaperone on trips when necessary.
- Conduct Senior Programs, Bingo, Movie Night etc.
- Other relevant responsibilities as they are assigned.
- Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recreational planning.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and experience in monitoring volunteer activity.
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to use software to compose notices, letters, and spreadsheets.
Salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package included.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Note: Due to expected high volume of resumes, only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.