New York, NY
West End Residences, a non-profit organization providing housing and services to homeless and formerly homeless populations seeks an experienced individual to fill the position of Full-Time Porter/ for our Intergenerational Residence in New York, NY.
The applicant must be able to do all:
• Sweep, mop and wax floors in public area including offices, child-care, and community rooms, stairwells and halls and public restrooms.
• Shampoo carpets.
• Complete cleaning of apartments, including appliances, upon the tenant
• Clean compactor rooms and compacting equipment, as well as mechanical spaces, basement, and roof areas.
• Remove garbage and clean trash-cans throughout the facility and on the grounds.
• Wash windows in public areas.
• Paint basement areas and mechanical spaces as needed.
• Replace defective lights in public areas.
• Move furniture.
• Assist in loading, unloading and storing supplies and equipment.
• Assist residents in carrying luggage when they enter and leave the facility.
• Maintain grounds, including site drains.
• Perform other relevant duties and functions that may be assigned.
• Building repair experience.
• Fitness Certification
• P99 Lower Pressure Boiler
• S-12 S-13 Standpipe and Sprinkler
• Driver License
Candidates should have two years minimum of experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Rate: $15.00 per hour