New York, NY
West End Residences, a non-profit organization providing housing and services to homeless and formerly homeless populations seeks a dynamic and experienced individual to fill the position of Client Care Coordinator for West End Intergenerational Residence, our Tier II shelter for formerly homeless young mothers and their children.
The Client Care Coordinator will report directly to the site tier II Program Director and will be responsible for overall delivery and coordination of services for homeless families residing in family tier II shelters. The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for interfacing with the New York City Department of Homeless Services Staff, shelter providers, and relevant community-based organizations to enhance and ensure families are in receipt of optimal care and service coordination.
The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of psycho-social assessments of complex families impacted by multiple systems. The Client Care Coordinator will work with these systems and facilitate appropriate linkages for families to community-based services. The position calls for an individual able to work in a crisis-driven environment with a knowledge base of substance abuse and addiction, domestic violence, child maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions. The Client Care Coordinator will provide education to other members of the team around clients to ensure positive outcomes for families.
The Client Care Coordinator will obtain ongoing professional development by the individual agency program, and the New York City Department of Homeless Services – Division of Family Services. The Client Care Coordinator will be expected to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and DHS Service Providers to inform both policy and practice.
- Be available to families seeking assistance at least five days a week, eight hours a day;
- Work from a strength-based, family-focused, client-centered perspective and identify and fortify the strengths that each family has;
- Assist families with specific stressors associated with living in a shelter;
- Ensure families are receiving full support in the shelter and, when necessary, refer families for counseling or other services;
- Aid families in understanding the full range of benefits to which they are entitled, and assist with accessing said benefits;
- Confer and consult with professional and technical personnel in implementing a multidisciplinary approach to client care and well-being;
- Serve as agency/program liaison to community agencies and/or groups;
- Provide clear written reports that capture key findings to include provider areas of strength and recommendation for improvement.
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of social work;
- Current Licensure – LMSW;
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development; emotional, behavioral health; mental health; parent-child relationships family dynamics; and diagnostic classification;
- Strong expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice;
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities;
- Candidates should also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time