New York, NY 10115
West End Residences, a non-profit organization providing housing and services to homeless and formerly homeless populations seeks an experienced individual to fill the position of live-in Building Superintendent for our non-time-limited supportive housing program for formerly homeless LGBT young adults in the Bronx.
The applicants for the position should be able to perform the following:
1. Provide all building maintenance, including boiler, elevator, compactor, plumbing and electrical repairs.
2. Ensure the building is furnished with heat and hot water.
3. Make daily building inspection, including roof and mechanical spaces;
Check supplies; prepare forms for purchase of supplies; receive supplies
Maintain paper, chemical, and tool supply inventories.
4. Make room inspections at the time of move-out and prior move-in and paint and make necessary repairs.Complete apartment inspection sheets particularly noting damage and
Items requiring repair.
5. Check ranges and refrigerators and correct minor deficiencies.
6. Repair of leaks, stoppages, closet and cabinet doors, windows,
Electrical fixtures and outlets, heating and ventilation, stove and refrigerators. Maintain records of all repairs and assist with repairs and installations of equipment as necessary.
7. Coordinate extermination services.
8. Provide 24-hour on-call coverage.
9. Perform other relevant duties and functions that may be assigned by the
10. Must have own tools>
1. 5 years Building maintenance experience.
2. Prior Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for standpipe, sprinkler and Fire Guard and must take and pass these FDNY Certificates of fitness tests within 6 months for new job location.