Salary: $15.00 /hour
West End Residences, a non-profit organization providing housing and services to homeless and formerly homeless populations seeks an experienced individual to fill the position of live-in Building Superintendent for our non-time-limited supportive housing program for formerly homeless LGBT young adults in the Bronx
The applicants for the position should be able to perform the following:
1. Building Superintendent provides all building maintenance, including plumbing and electrical repairs.
2. Building Superintendent ensures the building is furnished with heat and hot water.
3. Makes daily building inspection, including roof and mechanical spaces;
Checks supplies; prepares forms for purchase of supplies; receives supplies
Maintains paper, chemical, and tool supply inventories.
4. Building Superintendent makes room inspections at the time of move-out and prior to move-in and paints and makes necessary repairs. Completes apartment inspection sheets particularly noting damage and items requiring repair,
5. Checks ranges and refrigerators and corrects minor deficiencies.
6. Repairs leaks, stoppages, closet and cabinet doors, windows, and
Electrical fixtures and outlets, heating and ventilation, stoves and refrigerators. Maintain records of all repairs and assist with repairs and installations of equipment as necessary.
7. Coordinates extermination services.
8. Building Superintendent provides 24-hour on-call coverage.
9. Building Superintendent performs other relevant duties and functions that may be assigned by the
10. Must have own tools>
1. 5 years Building maintenance experience.
2. Prior Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for standpipe, sprinkler and Fire Guard and must take and pass these FDNY Certificates of fitness tests within 3 months for new job location.
Job Type: Full-time